Wait However Hello: A International In-Particular person Hangout for the WBW Group
A typical web rule is that web remark sections are upsetting locations. Remark sections are filled with not-very-interesting individuals being not very good to different not-very-interesting individuals for hours on finish whereas the world dies.
However Wait However Why has confirmed to be an exception. In some way, the world’s low-quality individuals appear to have not found this weblog. Or perhaps they’ve they usually simply by no means unravel the lengthy articles. We’re undecided the way it occurred, however Wait However Why readers are one of the best. They’re good and curious and thinky and un-dickish they usually don’t take themselves that significantly. And if there’s one factor the Wait However Why group has made clear to us of their feedback and emails, it’s that they wish to hang around with one another in a spot extra enjoyable than Disqus. We agree.
So it’s time.
I’m excited to announce the very first ever Wait However Hello.
That’s proper. Wait However Hello.
Wait However Hello will likely be an enormous international hangout day on Saturday, August 13, 2016. Right here’s the way it’s gonna work:
1) If you wish to take part in Wait However Hello, fill out the survey under, which takes about quarter-hour (and should be completed in a single sitting). This can inform us about who you’re, who you want, and what sort of issues are enjoyable for you.
2) Over the following month, the WBW crew will use the survey outcomes to rigorously match up teams of individuals, organizing lots of of group hangouts everywhere in the world.
3) On August 13, you’ll be instructed the place and when to go, and solely once you get there’ll you discover out what we’ve deliberate for you—custom-made to you—primarily based on what we’ve realized about you from the survey. You may end up making do-it-yourself pasta with eight different WBW readers at one among their houses. You may find yourself in a gaggle of 5 someplace, mountain climbing. You could be getting drunk with individuals and enjoying mafia. You could be with a gaggle getting a lesson in knitting from a pro-knitting WBW reader or a lesson in quantum computing from a WBW reader physicist. In case your survey tells us you’re single, you could be headed to a haunted home on a one-on-one date, as a part of our dream of making a Wait However Why child. There are not any guidelines.
We don’t know what the fuck we’re doing, however we’re very enthusiastic about it.
No matter we plan for you on August 13, our aim is for it to be enjoyable. Not “one thing that may be a enjoyable story later and also you’re blissful you probably did it however whereas it was truly occurring you had been type of depressing” enjoyable, however truly actually enjoyable, the place you’re sorry when it’s over. We predict we’ll study sufficient about you out of your survey to tug that off.
So whoever you’re, wherever you’re on the earth, we hope you’ll bounce in with us and do Wait However Hello—an occasion for the entire WBW group, all occurring concurrently, everywhere in the world.
- You’ll be able to take the survey down under. It takes about quarter-hour, it’s important to take it in a single sitting, and it’s important to take it by the tip of Wednesday, July 13 (EDT).
- Not everybody who takes the survey will get to do Wait However Hello. A part of what’s cool about that is that we’re rigorously customizing each single hangout to the precise individuals concerned, however that additionally implies that we most likely can’t accommodate everyone. We’ll be giving first precedence to our Patreon donors, second precedence to our e-mail subscribers (we’ll know if you happen to’re one among these individuals by your e-mail tackle), and third precedence to everybody else—however we’ll be together with some individuals from all three teams.
- Wait However Hello is not-for-profit on our finish and simply about free on yours. There will likely be a $5 admin charge for everybody who participates (you gained’t be requested for this cost till you’ve been chosen to take part), and aside from that, all you’ll must pay is in your share of no matter your group exercise is. And the way costly it’ll be on the day is as much as you—one of many questions within the survey is about your finances, and we plan to create totally different hangouts for individuals of all totally different budgets.
- Lastly, since not everybody will have the ability to take part, there’s a second a part of Wait However Hello for everybody: Various massive hangouts in main cities (in locations like Central Park) the following day—Sunday, August 14. Extra data on that later.
TAKE THE SURVEY
Replace #1 (July 13): The survey is now closed.
Replace #2 (August 10): We’ll be having a number of huge occasions on Sunday, August 14th – head right here for updates on these occasions and Wait However Hello invites.
Replace #3 (August 24): Wait However Hello – Full Report